Here's all of the best vanilla books, forums, and blogs that I can think of at the moment, which feel are a must read. I'll update this post as I remember and/or discover more. If you know of something I should add to this list, please let me know in the comments section:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie.
Written back in 1936, this book was the first of it's kind. It made be old, but it's certainly not out of date. IMHO the information in this book is the very foundation when it comes to learning and applying the people skills needed for being successful in this business.
The audio book is also available to listen to for free on youtube.
- Get Anyone to do Anything and Never Feel Powerless Again, by David J. Lieberman
The title and subtitle for this book make it sound like bullshit, but Lieberman is a doctor, a popular lecturer, and an expert in “human behavior” so deserves hearing out. This book teaches you to be “able to use the most complete and advanced psychological strategies to enable your mind to become your greatest weapon.” This book is not full of “tricks” that only work “sometimes on some people.” He says that the book only contains “specific psychological tactics governing human behavior.”
- Rich Dad Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki
Although the book is excellent, I wouldn't recommend attending any "free" Robert Kiyosaki workshops you may see advertised over the internet. They won't be hosted by him, it will hosted by some snake oil salesman trying to hustle you into purchasing expensive "more advanced" workshops, that won't ever really teach you anything about what you came there to learn.
But despite all of that, the book is still an awesome and very educational read.
Again, you can find the audiobook available to listen to for free on youtube.
- The Sociopath Next Door, by Martha Stout
This book doesn't have anything to do with marketing or sales, but it does apply to people skills imho, because it helps to fine tune your "bull shit radar". There are a lot of snakes out in the world just looking for someone to take advantage of, and even more so when you're in the "sex worker" industry. This book helps you identify the sociopaths that we come in counter with everyday, and help you avoid being their victim.
Here's a few of my favorite Derren Brown videos:
The Milgram Experiment. Stanley Milgram, a psychologist at Yale University, conducted an experiment focusing on the conflict between obedience to authority and personal conscience. This is definitely an eye opener when watching it for the first time.
- The Warrior Forum You'll need to purchase membership to get access to the full site, but there's still a lot of really good free reading to learn from as well.
- Danny Brown Danny Brown is a multiple award-winning marketer and blogger. His blog is recognized as one of the leading marketing blogs in the world.
- Amy Porterfield Amy Portferfield is a social media strategist and trainer as well as the co-author of the Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies.
- SocialMouths Kick-ass social media advice for the real entrepreneur.
- HyperArts HyperArts blog covers Facebook, SEO, social media, web design, and WordPress.
- Pam Marketing Nut Social media tips, best practices, training and tools for small business, medium business, large business from Pam Moore, Pam Marketing Nut.
- Andrea Vahl Learn how to use Facebook and social media for your business.
- Social Blogging Tracker Comprehensive social media guide to optimize social networking and branding.
- Razor Social Razorsocial is the best resource on the web for free information on social media tools and technology.
- Jon Loomer Jon Loomer uses his blog to provide daily tips and breaking news to make you a better Facebook marketer and blogger.
- Jeff Bullas Helping business and personal brands with digital social media marketing including social media with blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and search engine optimization
- 60 Second Marketer The 60 Second Marketer is an online community that provided tools, tips and tutorials for marketers around the globe. It was founded by Jamie Turner, co-author of “How to Make Money with Social Media” and “Go Mobile.”
- Boom Social The core of our publicity and marketing strategies are based on age-old principals, carried out through modern day social media tools.
- The Buffer Blog A blog about social media, productivity, life hacks, writing, user experience, customer happiness and business.
- Blogcast FM BLOGCAST FM is the most prolific resource of interviews from successful and nationally known business owners, bloggers, online entrepreneurs, and published author.
- BlogTyrant Blogging and online marketing advice.
- Boost Blog Traffic Jon Morrow of Copyblogger teaches you how to get more readers, build your email list, become an authority in your niche — everything you need to get the attention you deserve.
- The Sales Lion Inbound and content marketing, social media, and branding success for businesses by Marcus Sheridan.